Monday, August 4, 2008

Hitchhiker's Guide to My Galaxy

I picked up a hitchhiker today.

I know! It's CRAZY...but it's not like I had much of a choice...and, to be honest, I didn't think he'd stick around. But - he did. In fact, he's still here.

I was running errands and stopped at the one super store that everyone loves to hate...yeah, that one. Anyway, as I was putting up my sun shield, I noticed a rather large grasshopper on my windshield wiper. The kids were amused but that was all. We went into the store. When we came back out to the van, the grasshopper was still there. I didn't want to knock him off. As I said, he was kinda big and, to be honest, I'm pretty much afraid of bugs. Actually, they totally freak me out. There, I said it. Are you proud of yourselves?!

Anyway, I figured the grasshopper would fly off sometime along the drive home. I don't live all that far from the store, but there are places where the speed limit is 55 and I'm a big fan of making sure I get up to the speed limit without fail!

The strangest thing happened along the drive. The darned grasshopper moved around and actually braced himself for the drive! I'm not kidding. Instead of standing upright on the wiper, he actually (once we got moving) moved so he was on the side of the wiper...looking over it as though he were navigating!

Apparently - and very sadly - you were not meant to see pictures of said grasshopper. I took pictures with my cell phone (at traffic lights) and sent them to myself but they were lost in cyberspace. Then, just now, I went to see if it was still on my car...it is! (We got home from the store over 4 hours ago.) I went and shot some more pictures but blogger is having troubles and I can't upload them. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. That is too funny....he must really like your family. Wow, the powers that be REALLY do not want you to post any pictures of it either!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! At least it is the outside of the car. We are currently hunting for the unwanted "house guest". Yup, a grass snake is somewhere in the house around my computer. EEEEWWWW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pissing myself laughing just imagining this grasshopper peering over the top of the wiper and looking back at you, checking you are going in the right direction!

    I think you should name him and I definitely want to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!