Monday, October 6, 2008

Early birthday gifts

Since the big day is on a week day, The Husband decided we'd celebrate my birthday last night. We all went out to a nice, family dinner and even ordered dessert (which we almost never do). I The kids were so excited about dessert. After dinner, we went for a walk, which is where I found the present I really want.

Before we went to dinner, my family bestowed gifts upon me. The Girl got me a really cute piggy bank. She earned it at school and I was touched by her thoughtfulness. The Boy got me a warm, fuzzy blanket...you know, the ones that are super soft and cozy?! I love it. The Husband bought me a "big girl" watch. It's really pretty and looks more like a bracelet than a watch. When I bought my last watch, I remember his asking why I didn't get a nicer one. Looks like I didn't have to - he took care of that for me.

One more gift I got was this afternoon. I asked The Husband to pick up the kids from aftercare so I could work late. I ended up meeting my deadline AHEAD OF SCHEDULE (and not just a little...my deadline is Wednesday at 9am...and I'm totally finished!) I was on my way home when The Husband phoned to say he was on his way as well but had just left work. I beat him home and was able to enjoy almost 40 minutes of quiet at home before they all got there. Happy early birthday to me!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh quiet time is the BEST present!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying your special time - stretch it out for all it's worth.

    Rob likes that car too. There is a silver one on display at the local dealer - he drools everytime.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!