Thursday, February 5, 2009

A less than intelligent decision

Wow - I don't even know how to begin! It snowed the night before last. Not a whole lot...just about an inch or so. It hasn't been all that cold all week, though, so it didn't really stick to the ground. I looked out my window in the morning and the streets looked good.

Right away, I found it odd we didn't have a delay. Just last week, the kids were out for 2 days for 4 - 5 inches of snow that was off the roads by the end of day one. School should have been in session that second day with a 2-hr delay...it was a teacher workday, so it'd have been OK - no busses.

Yesterday, that was not the case. The roads were not so clear; they were slick. The Husband's work called; he was on a 2-hr delay. We, as I said, were not. We decided we were *not* putting our kids on the bus; The Husband drove them to school.

When I got out of my car, the entire parking lot was covered in ice. Half of campus was covered in ice. I watched a number of people fall down. And...the best part? They had run out of ice-melt!! NICE!

*sigh*


6 comments:

  1. You just have to wonder about some of the people who are actually paid to make these decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling you, there is no rhyme nor reason for their decisions. We've had similar experiences with cancellations when it wasn't necessary but having to take the to school in a blizzard. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on the other side of this - when my mom was a principal... and while she didn't make the final decision, the Superitendant did it's truly a dammed if you do damned if you don't thing.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice scares me - no way to control yourself on it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, I hate ice.....! So scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, the ice! I do not enjoy driving in it, at all. That's crazy they didn't delay/cancel school!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!