Saturday, March 28, 2009

Because life was moving along too smoothly...


Today I had a perfectly craptastic morning. I had a lot to do and wanted to be sure I was not running late. The Husband is away this weekend, so I'm on my own. No problem. I used to do this ALL the time!

Today's schedule was a pretty easy one. The Girl had a gymnastics lesson at 9am. The Boy had his first baseball game at noon; however, since today was opening day, he had to be there at 10:30. I, of course, was not worried because it had been raining and the forecast was for more rain, so I knew the game would be cancelled...except, it wasn't. But, I digress. Let's back up.

I set my alarm for 7am because, as I said, I hate to be late. In fact, I'm pretty darned unreasonable when I am running late and I am prone to throwing complete tizzy fits over it. I know. Grow up. Whatever.

So, I wake up just after 7 and all is well. I wake the kids and I head to the kitchen to make a zone breakfast for us all. Luckily, I know exactly what it is I want to make. We are all on 3 blocks for breakfast because the kids were saying they were hungry. No problem. The Boy and I were having 2 eggs, 1 1/2 slices cheese, 1/2 pita bread, 1/2 apple, and 1/2 tbsp peanut butter. I, of course, was adding coffee, but I insist that regardless of the fact that I add some skim milk to my coffee, it does not count as anything EVER. The girl was having something similar, but no cheese...

I made The Boy's sandwich and was refilling the olive oil jar when I managed to knock it off the counter. I suppose I should mention here that it was a glass bottle and we have ceramic tile floors. The bottle shattered and there was olive oil EVERYWHERE. I knew this was a huge mess, and, quite frankly, did not even know where or how to begin cleaning. I went to pick up the glass first and promptly cut my finger. Then, I had my second tantrum.

I started sweeping up the glass and then tried to mop up the oil. At that moment, The Husband called. While bitching talking to him, I filled a bucked with water. I was going to spray some grease fighting spray on the floor and try to wipe it up. I hung up with The Husband and promptly dropped my cell phone into the bucket of clean water. I grabbed it out, opened it, put it on a towel and proceeded with my third tantrum of the day. I called The Husband back on the land-line to bitch and swear tell him my day was already getting worse when I realized it was already 8am and I hadn't even showered yet...much less cleaned the mess. Remember - The Girl was to be AT the gym at 9am.

The Girl scrambled herself some eggs while I cleaned what I could, threw on clothes, and gulped my coffee. I grabbed an Odwalla bar for breakfast and we ran out the door.

My phone was working all day, and to some degree, it still does; however, only for texting and internet, because when I tried to call my MIL, we both heard static and she could not hear me talking to her. The Husband pointed out (when I spoke to him this morning) that I *did* want a new cell phone...!

Despite my best efforts, the floor is still slick and oily. I have been told to try Oil Dri or kitty litter but since we don't have a cat and therefore, no litter, and this is my kitchen, I am doing neither. My mother-in-law suggested I pour some corn starch on it tonight before I go to bed and then try to clean it again in the morning. I think I'm going to try that.

Incidentally, The Girl had a really good lesson and we made it to The Boy's game with time to spare. The Boy's team won their game; he played pretty well too. He had 3 at bats: 1 walk, 1 strike-out, and 1 hit that was somewhat of a pop-up and was caught. He fielded well too.

We have not done well keeping to the zone plan today because we did not get home till 2:30pm, but we've tried. Dinner will be zone-ish.

I'm ready for tomorrow...as long as it is nothing like today!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Sounds like you should have stayed in bed. So did the cornstarch work for the oil? What a pita. I hate when they put things in glass containers that go in the kitchen. We have a jar of jelly I am always worried about dropping in the morning...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!