Friday, October 23, 2009

Subtlety at its finest


Last night, I went out to dinner with a friend. It was nothing special...we went to a Chinese buffet. It used to be one of the better buffets in town, but has since gone downhill. Apparently, the new owners don't run it quite like the old ones did. The food is average, at best, and the prices are a bit higher.

The place must've noticed that their business is not quite what it once was and the servers notice it in tips. My proof? My bill.



I have never seen anything like this! Sorry for the fuzzy picture; it was not easy to take a picture of my receipt without looking like an idiot. The servers were eating at the next table!

2 comments:

  1. Talk about dropping hints. I've never seen a receipt like that & hope I don't any time soon.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's almost as bad as my husband's least favorite phrase to hear from a server:

    "Do you need change?"

    That's guaranteed to send him over the edge. Makes me a bit crazy too.

    Sigh. What happened to customer service?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!