Tuesday, December 7, 2010

EXTREMELY long week...and it's only TUESDAY!

I started my week at the ridiculous hour of 3am because that is what time the garbage truck comes to pick up my neighbor's garbage. Luckily, I fell back asleep, but it was not a restful sleep. My alarm went off at 5:15. I got dressed, got the kids up, ate breakfast, and went to work. After work, I rushed home to pick up my parents and The Kids. They got home about 20 minutes before we had to head back out. The Boy's basketball team had its first game last night. We had to be back at school at 4:30 (and the coach did not want any of the boys staying at school; he wanted them all to go home and eat before coming back). The boys left for the game and we followed behind, stopping for snacks along the way.

The game was tough. The boys were down 22 - 3 at one point, but managed to rally back and won the game 45-34. It was incredible. We got home rather late (after 9pm) and I had to do laundry so The Boy could wear his sweats (uniform) to school today.

I woke up this morning at 5:15 in utter disbelief the night had passed so quickly. I was sooooo tired! My morning routine was the same; however, this time, after school, I drove directly to the kids' school where I picked them up and took them for food. We came back and I had to get ready to work concessions during the girls' game. (We trade off - boys' parents work tickets/concessions during girls' games and vice versa.) After the mad rush of concessions, it was time for the boys' game. We settled in and the game began.

Right away, we knew things did not look good. Our boys were making great plays and good shots; however, the ball kept avoiding the net. On one shot, the ball circled the rim at least twice before falling to the side! The referees were calling an incredibly one-sided game, which happens, but not usually at a HOME GAME! There were multiple technical fouls called as well as flagrant ignoring of calls for Time Out. It was ugly.

BUT...and this is big...despite all the adversity, our boys lost by only by a handful of points (either 3 or 5), which only goes to show that had the game been called more evenly, the boys probably would have won. I'm proud of the boys, but the emotional drain of such a game is too much! And - the best part is that The Boy actually got to play some tonight. (He had never even played basketball before last season!)

It's late and I'm headed to bed. Something tells me my alarm will be waking me far earlier than I would like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!