Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Holiday frustrations

It is Chanukah - the last night, to be exact. A few days ago, as I was looking at the menorah, I told The Husband that this year, I wanted him to buy me a gift and that I didn't want to hear about what a chore it is to purchase said gift and how I did not want him to wait till the last minute for the gift...and how I didn't want to be with him when he made the purchase. Before I go further, YES, all of the above have happened before...regularly!

The Husband was rather proud of himself when he figured out exactly what to get for me. He said, at the time, that he would have to tell me to make sure he got it right. He wanted to buy me a satellite radio system. It was exactly what I wanted and I am not upset that he told me.

So...tonight, the last night of Chanukah, we went out (together) to the store to purchase the system. Not being the most intelligent folks out there, we did not drive MY vehicle...we drove his. (Can you see where this is leading?) We got this system and found out what we would need for the home docking system. We were trying to figure out when to have the system installed, and, to his credit, The Husband recommended Friday. I decided that since we are going on a road trip very soon - and in his truck - we have the system installed in his vehicle for now. I knew we could later have another car docking system installed in my van.

I am not at all upset that the system is currently in his truck. I am the one who suggested it. My gripe, then, is with his attitude regarding the whole event. We were told the system would take about an hour to install. Since it was only about 7:30pm, we went ahead with the install. The stores are open late because of the upcoming holidays, so we knew we could keep ourselves busy for the hour or so. Well, when, at 8:50, the system was not done, The Husband expressed (more than once) how frustrated he was and how he told me we should wait till Friday! OMG, I could have wrung his neck. It didn't help that The Boy kept running off (in the electronics store) and The Girl was super whiny and hanging all over me.

The installation was complete around 9:10pm...a little late but, in my opinion, no big deal. We are home, the kids are in bed, and I have my satellite radio (that doesn't really work because it has not yet been activated and is in his car because we don't have the home docking system yet...)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.