Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Double Digits

Ten years ago today I gave birth to The Boy. Amazing. It was a long journey. Looking back, It is hard to fathom the emotional roller coaster we rode! As I alluded to here, there was a time when I believed I would never have children. It was a difficult time for me since I had always known I wanted children of my own. Finding out I was, indeed, pregnant was . . . there are no words! It was April 7, 1997. I had just returned from a trip to Tampa with a friend. The Husband was away and my friend and I had gone to visit a friend of hers. I felt sick the whole drive home (about 12 hrs) and I attributed it to a mix of car-sickness and sunburn. Monday morning, the 7th, I was so sick I didn't trust myself to drive. I called in sick to work and had a friend take me to the hospital to see what was wrong. Later that day, I learned I was pregnant. I cried so much the nurses thought it was an unwanted pregnancy and it took some talking to convince them otherwise!

These ten years have FLOWN by. The Boy - well, he's an amazing guy. He's smart, funny, friendly, athletic, empathetic, handsome, and, warm. When he's not being a total shit, I truly enjoy his company. My wish for him is a lifetime of happiness and success. My wish for me is that the next ten years don't fly by as quickly as the last ten! I'm not sure I can handle that.

Happy Birthday, "Little Guy!"
Love, Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Happy be-lated Birthday to The Boy! Tell him we're sorry we missed it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!