Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Books

I am an avid reader and to that end, I decided to share some books with you. Woohoo! :)

I just finished reading Escape by Carolyn Jessop. Wow - what an amazing book. It is the true story of Carolyn's life as part of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (FLDS) and her escape from it as well. It is extremely moving and, at times, difficult to fathom.

Prior to that, I read Good Harbor by Anita Diamant. It's a good, quick read perfect for the weekend or to help unwind after work.

I recently read Water for Elephants, written by Sara Gruen. My mom gave it to me knowing it was different from my usual taste but it was, indeed, a great book. I learned so much about circus life!

One evening when I was bored, I went into my office and pulled My Fair Lady off the shelf. I knew the story but had not read it. It was a super fast read (I finished it that night) and very enjoyable.

Another non-fiction book I recently read was The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. Like Escape, The Glass Castle was, at times, difficult to read and fathom.

I have no idea what I am going to read next but I'm open to suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!