Monday, January 7, 2008

In the gym

The Husband exercises regularly. He's in amazing shape. The Kids also exercise. As I've mentioned earlier, The Husband is a huge fan of the crossfit program. He modifies the program for the kids (with a little help from crossfit kids). Today, it was MY turn to start. And, before you ask, I'll tell you...NO, this is not a New Year's resolution, nor is it a weight loss plan. This is an attempt to try to get into better shape (not that round is a bad shape...). The good part is that if I do end up losing weight, it's a bonus.

It may seem strange but The Husband and I actually like to do things together. We love to be outdoors, and since we are not far from the mountains, we decided we should go hiking. Of course, this might have something to do with our recent jaunt to REI - one of The Husband's favorite stores!

OK - so back to the exercise. Today (day 1) was not so bad. Of course, I didn't do a whole lot...some squats, crunches, push-ups and some other things. We topped it off with a nice walk (about a mile or so). I really hope I can keep this up (I have to work late tomorrow and Wednesday) with regularity. I'll let you all know how the trip to the Mountains goes!

1 comment:

  1. That is so great that you love doing things together and that you are doing this because you want to and not out of some sense of have to. Good luck! Happy hiking! And share some of that energy whenever you feel the need....;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!