Tuesday, July 15, 2008

And now...a Crafty Post!

My friend's daughter graduated from high school this year. She's a sweet girl and I wanted to do something for her. I knew I could give her money...but I really wanted to make something and I decided on a journal jar. If you don't already know, a journal jar is a jar full of strips of paper. Each strip has a question and the recipient is to tape or copy the question into the journal and then respond to it. The end result is a nice, reflective journal.

I started my project with a color scheme. I knew what colors I wanted to use and I made my jar first. After that, I had to figure everything else out! Here is what the jar looks like:

My next step was to make a book/journal. I had no patterned paper in the colors I wanted so I had to make some. I used the Beautiful Blooms set from PTI. I started with the leaves, then the large flowers, then the small ones, then the individual leaves.

Once I had that finished, I made my book. I used Berry Sorbet paper for the background and some Prima Flowers and stitched ribbon for accents.


I used a bit of patterned paper to decorate the pen:

The end result is a journal jar ensemble perfect for someone headed off to college.

SUPPLIES: (All supplies PTI except where noted)
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms; Boxes, Bags & Tags
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet, Stampers' Select White, Aqua Mist
Ribbon: Berry Sorbet stitched
Flowers: Prima

3 comments:

  1. What a clever idea....I guess I didn't really understand until I saw it. I know she will love it!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a high school graduate. I know she'll cherish it, remembering that it came packaged with loving care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Note...someone else has a senior this year...better help her make this by May. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!