Monday, December 15, 2008

Ho Ho Ho!

As you may already know, we have a Secret Santa thing going on at work. I, of course, drew someone I do not know. (Always my luck!) Anyway, the paper she filled out says she collects snowmen.

After work today, I ran to Michael's to get some stuff. We needed a card, food item, gag gift, and real gift...all for under $20. I made the card yesterday, so I had to do the shopping today. First, I found the "real gift." I bought a cute snowman mug (somewhat like the one pictured here, but different) that has a lid...the hat is the lid. It's really a tea mug, I guess, and the tea bag goes in the lid. SUPER cute. Then, I got a cute box to put it in (again, like the one below, but decorated with snowmen). The best part? The mug was $1.74!!! The box was also $1.74!

Next, it was time for a gag gift. Again, I do not know this woman so it's hard to choose something that would be funny to her. I ended up with this cookie cutter. What?! It could be funny...don't you think?! The cookie cutter was $2.99.



After my brief shopping trip, it was time to pick up the kids. I got them and came home. Then, I did what every normal busy mom would do...I got on the computer! I opened up my google reader and saw a this post from Lynette over at My So-Called Life. I was beside myself with joy! LOOK at this amazing gift!! I ran right out to Pier 1 and got my Secret Santa's food gift! It was the most expensive thing I bought, but at $10.50, it was totally worth it! It's a snowman cookie kit with edible-ink pens to decorate them with!

And so another installment of Secret Santa! I hope every year turns out this easy and inexpensive!


3 comments:

  1. Great ideas!!! I love Michaels too, they have everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO. I'm glad to see my selfish ways worked out for you. :)

    Hope she liked ti.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!