Wednesday, August 19, 2009

On our way to the next big one


When the decision was made to move back here, it was done with the knowledge that The Husband would have to travel more. The fact that he didn't travel at all for the last four years means, of course, any travel is more travel, but that's beside the point! Travel is travel, and, although he is never gone very long, it still stinks. It leaves the burden of the household on my shoulders. It also means when the kids act up, I can't leave them home with him and take off!

Today is our anniversary. Guess who is out of town?! I hate when anniversaries and birthdays and such fall in the middle of the week! Celebrations just aren't the same when it's a "school night" and everyone needs to be in bed at a reasonable hour! The likelihood of The Husband travelling is also higher on a weekday.

See where I'm going here? Yep. Happy Anniversary to me.

I know we will do something for our anniversary, but it's not the same. It's like celebrating Christmas on December 28th. Still fun, but not quite the same.

So today, I'm going shopping with a girlfriend. It should be will be fun. I told The Husband I was going and that, truth be told, shopping with a girlfriend is, in fact, far more enjoyable than shopping with him! He said that unless we were shopping at REI, I was right!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! I feel your pain. My hubby's always away for our big events. I'm used to it by now.
    Have fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!