Thursday, August 20, 2009

Big Birthday Shout-Out


Today, I would like to give a BIG BIRTHDAY shout-out to my dear friend, Nichole. She's officially old today. She's hitting the BIG 3-Oh! *Gasp* This is, to me, hysterical, because I am passed the 4-Oh mark. It was a long-running joke that I would turn 40 well before she even hit 30. OK - not exactly "well-before" but a good year plus. What can I say? I'm old. She, on the other hand, is not.

If you've never visited Nichole's blog, you should totally check it out. She's an amazingly talented crafty chick. She's also (and far more importantly) a loving, kind, generous, gentle, and amazing woman. She and I have been friends for many years. I remember when she was pregnant with her daughter (who just turned 7) and her oldest son was barely walking and talking. Oh, that was so very long ago! Our children, despite the age difference (The Boy is 3 yrs older than her oldest son and The Girl is 4 yrs older than her daughter), have always gotten along well and played well together. It's such a joy to watch them play because at their ages, one would think the age difference would matter. Nope. Not at all. It's so very cool. Maybe they learned that from us...after all, I'm as much older than Nichole as I am younger than her mom!

Anyway, if you have a moment, stop by and visit her - and give her a big birthday whack!

1 comment:

  1. LOL Happy Birthday to your friend, I think I'll go smack her now :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!