Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Catching Up


So, it seems that one requirement for keeping an active blog is spending time near a computer. For me, that means spending time at home. THAT seems to never happen anymore! I don't know if it is because The Boy is now in middle school or what, but I swear, I'm busier than I've ever been in my life! I love my job, but this whole "full time work" thing is interfering with my blog schedule!

The Girl is doing really well in gymnastics and is about to make the switch from Level 4 to Prep Op Gold. I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I *do* know it means more time in the gym! Instead of going 3 days/week for a total of 9 hours, she will bump up to 4 days/week for a total of 12-15 hours (I'm still not sure). She is super excited, though, and has been mastering skills like crazy. She had her kip, but it is so very hard to keep since she's new to it. She is working on it again. She can do a "squat on" to the low bar and, from there, can jump to the high bar. She can do a cartwheel on the beam and is working on her back walkover on beam. On floor, she has her double back handspring and can also do a standing back handspring. Her coach says she is a very hard worker and a strong gymnast.

The boy is a starter for the middle school baseball team. They have played 2 1/2 games so far and he has played really well. They won both games they completed. The other was called on account of darkness and will be finished when that team comes here to play. He has three more games this week; there is a game Thursday night and a double header on Friday.

We are all looking forward to this weekend because, as far as we know, there is NOTHING on our schedule!

1 comment:

  1. Busy, busy times. We're in the same boat. B's baseball team is practicing three times a week, games start in April and G has just finished her competition season. State meet was last Saturday & she finished 2nd floor; 3rd bars & 3rd AA. She had a great year & is mastering all those skills you mentioned. We were in Charleston for a meet a couple of weeks ago & ran into Joel again at a restaurant - so funny.
    Try to slow down & relax a little.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!