Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's Time


As much as I am reluctant to return to work, I know I must. There are a variety of reasons I must return, not the least of which is that if I do not, they will totally stop paying me, and I'm just not up for that. I have become rather fond of the whole pay check thing.

There are other signs that it is time. One of the most obvious is The Children. O. M. G!

There are not words to express how much it is time for us NOT to spend every waking moment together anymore! The arguing, the fighting, the crying, the tantrums. And then there are the kids!

Seriously, there is a reason kids are in school for ten months of the year. There is also a reason summer break is only 10 weeks! But, the funny part is that at the end of the school year, I couldn't wait for school to end because - are you ready for this?! - I missed my kids! I hated the fact that I rarely saw them. We were all in school all day (different schools) and they were at their sports practices all evening. I rarely spent any time with them and I missed them. WHAT was I thinking?!

Truth be told (and any mom can attest to this), either one alone is great. I truly enjoy our one-on-one time. Get them together, though, and the shit really hits the fan.

And so, it is time. Time for me to return to work, and time for the kids to return to school. And it is happening none too soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!