Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Running again

Not literally. That would be silly. As much as I'd absolutely LOVE to shed some excess weight, I'm not all that committed and not yet willing to put forth any sort of effort. I'd much prefer the weight to simply disappear. Sounds bizarre, but it *has* happened in the past. 15 lbs simply vanished over the course of about a year, and stayed away for another year. Sadly, they have reappeared over the last year. But I digress...

My running has more to do with sports. It seems we will learn tomorrow or Thursday if The Girl has made the middle school cheer squad. Clearly, we are hoping she does. I think she'll make a great cheerleader; she definitely has the personality for it, and the years of competitive gymnastics won't hurt either!

Additionally, conditioning and practice has begun for basketball again. Apparently, it is against regulations for the boys to practice football, so they are no longer going to football conditioning. Only high school students are allowed to practice football all year. Today was the first day of basketball practice. The Boy said it went well. After practice, a friend of his came over. The two of them went into the garage and did box jumps and then ran hill sprints before going out back to practice shooting. I am very impressed with both of them.

So, my vacation from running to practices is over. It lasted a week. It's all good, though, as I was confused as to what I was supposed to be doing with my time, and my car really missed me!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back!!! Don't know how to fix your masthead. When I need help on the computer, I always ask my teens. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!