Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mini Va-cay

We decided to go away on a mini-vacation of sorts. Wednesday night, after The Girl finished softball practice, we ran home, packed up our stuff, and headed out for the weekend. Our original plan was to go away Wednesday morning through Friday night, but because of practice, we changed our plans and decided to stay gone longer.

We really enjoyed our relaxation. We stayed at my parents' house, but my mom was not there. Dad was, though, and it was great to see him.

We spent Thursday afternoon lounging at the pool and then went to a baseball game. Friday we visited my MIL and then I went out to dinner with my best friend from high school. Saturday, we did more lounging by the pool and then went out to dinner again at a restaurant where my old neighbor now cooks. It was a cute place and I even ate gator for dinner. It was fried (and too salty, so I ended up taking off the breading). I'd had it once before, but that was about 25 years ago! It is not something I'd order regularly - or eat regularly for that matter - but it was pretty good. Neither The Boy nor The Girl chose to be adventurous; The Boy had pulled pork and The Girl had shrimp cocktail and a salad! Dad wasn't as adventurous either; he had fried chicken!

Sadly, The Girl got a little sick last night, but it wasn't bad and she is feeling much better now. She is completely back to normal; I think it was a 12-hour thing.

Again - really enjoyed the break, but we are all glad to be back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!