Friday, June 17, 2011

The one that got away

Yesterday, as I was walking, I thought of something I wanted to post. Ordinarily, I'm not that bad at keeping a thought for a full day into the next, but for whatever reason, this one I could not. I'm talking gone. Kaput. Nada. I cannot, for anything, remember what it was I wanted to share.

Now there are many things to which I can attribute my loss of memory here, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that after my walk, I decided to run the bleachers.

WHAT was I thinking?

And, by run I mean walk!

Anyway, I had done two big laps around the parking lot where The Girl plays softball. If memory serves, it is about 0.8 miles; I usually try to walk 4 laps. Yesterday was a little hotter than I'd planned, so I decided to do 2 laps and the bleachers. A friend had done them earlier in the day so I figured surely I could too.

Facts about the bleachers:
~There are 34 steps up the bleachers.
~There are 34 steps down the bleachers.
~Despite the fact that falling down is the quickest method to descend, I recommend against it.
~There are four places to go up or down the bleachers.
~I went up (and down) four times.
~34 x 4 is 136.
~I climbed up 136 steps.
~136 is a lot.
~I came down 136 steps.
~136 is still a lot.
~I think I died on the bleachers, but I'm not sure yet.

The good news is that shockingly, I can still walk. Even more bizarre is the fact that I'm considering doing that again.

I probably won't remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!