Sunday, July 3, 2011

Jealousy

Today, I took The Boy and The Girl down to the creek behind the neighbor's house. The neighbor's teenagers came with us.




To call it a creek is not exactly accurate. To me, a creek (or brook, as I grew up calling it) is a small, steady stream of water.




This creek is big enough that it has large pools suitable for swimming...and decent logs from which one can jump (as long as one is careful)!



The kids had a BLAST! Personally, I'm not a huge fan of swimming in anything other than a pool (although I'll make an exception for the ocean), but this was fun. We all kept our shoes on, though, to protect our feet. I did not swim; I followed around in the shallow parts and shot lots of pictures.


After an hour or two, we returned home. Both boys remained in their swim trunks. No big surprise there. The girls, however, did too. Both wore bikinis. Both stayed in them with no other clothes on for the rest of the day and evening. We ate dinner, they baked cupcakes, and everyone ran around the neighborhood some.


I'm jealous super proud of the girls because they both have the self-confidence to wear their bikinis all day long. Grant you, if I had the body to pull it off, I might consider doing the same, but I don't and I won't!


Hope you all have a safe and happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!