Thursday, August 4, 2011

And we're back

Officially, that is. I started back to work on Monday, but today, the kids came back. It was actually kind of fun. We have a sort of strange thing going on where we don't do anything academic on the first day of school. I would not choose to start a school year like that, but no one asked me. Regardless, I spent the day telling my students what school supplies they will need and asking them questions about themselves. Had I been more on top of things, I'd have had one of those ice-breakers prepared...but I didn't.

I think it will be a good year. I've got some neat kids in my classes and I'm excited about it. I love how optimistic and fun the first few days of school are. Everyone is so positive and it is contagious. It always reminds me of why I love my job so much!

Adding to the joy of a new school year is the fact that this year, I have my very own classroom. I am starting my third year at this particular school and I just now got a classroom. I spent the last two years on a cart (but I did have an office almost entirely to myself). I feel grounded and I like that.

I think it's going to be a really good year! It will be interesting to look back at this post at the end of May and see what I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!