Saturday, October 6, 2007

Lost in translation

This evening, The Husband, The Boy, The Girl and I went out to dinner. When the waitress came to take our drink order, I asked for ice water with extra lemons on the side.

When our drinks arrived, I spotted my glass immediately. It was a glass of water with no fewer than six lemon slices around the rim! The waitress placed the drinks on the table and asked if we needed anything else. Biting my cheek so as not to laugh at her, I managed to ask for a small dish in which I could place my lemons. She gave me a funny look. She returned promptly with a small dish that had even more lemon slices. I took the five extra lemon slices off the side of my glass and placed them in the dish as she walked away.

Next time, I'll try to be more specific. I will be sure to ask for extra lemons on the side in a separate dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!