Friday, June 27, 2008

Christmas in...JUNE

Yesterday, as I was wasting time playing on the computer diligently working, the phone rang. It was the owner of one of the local paint-your-own-pottery places. I immediately had a flashback to October when, at The Girl's birthday party, I ordered this ADORABLE personalized snowman. Immediately, I asked the owner if she was calling to collect rent for said snowman that I've yet to even SEE much less paint! What can I say? I'm forgetful! Actually, I *did* try to go paint him once but it was a Monday and the shop is not open on Mondays.

So...today, I went to paint Mr. Snowman. He's really cute - here is a picture of someone else's that I just found online: Mr. Snowman. The Boy and The Girl had 4" tiles to paint for a school fundraiser, so I was set - we all had something to do. The snowman is pretty big but didn't look like he'd need a whole lot of painting. WRONG!! The Boy and The Girl were finished with their projects in about 30 minutes. I had barely painted the nose and eyes! This little guy has gloves, a scarf, a hat, and a lantern, not to mention his buttons! WHOA! I managed to get him about half-way painted before I gave up for the day. I was too tired from constantly telling both kids to STOP running through the ceramics shop and to STOP picking things up!

I think my next trip will be sans kids. I'll try to take a photo or two as well. Like I said, he's a cutie pie!

1 comment:

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!