Sunday, January 4, 2009
Better late than never!
Got this End of the Year meme from my friend, Jen, over at KittenWhore.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Stood up to my father about something I felt strongly.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Don't normally make any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My brother's wife.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? None
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More tolerance of my children
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Hmmm....I don't know.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Wow...don't know. Rode my bicycle 180+ miles (but not at once!!)
9. What was your biggest failure? Not riding my bicycle 1000 miles as I was supposed to!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No more than normal
11. What was the best thing you bought? We bought a Jeep
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? The kids
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The kids!
14. Where did most of your money go? Aside from housing? Um...groceries!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Surprising the kids with a trip to the beach where their cousins were also vacationing.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Viva La Vida by Coldplay
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? Happier b) thinner or fatter? Thinner, although I hadn't noticed! Someone recently told me. c) richer or poorer? Richer - both financially and emotionally.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spend time with my family doing family fun stuff.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Yelling at the kids and being angry in general
20. How did you spend Christmas/Chanukah? Home with my immediate family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Every single day! The Husband and I have been together 20 years now!
22. What was your favorite TV program? Didn't really watch much - The Biggest Loser and football!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is such a strong and awful word. It takes up too much energy to hate people.
24. What was the best book you read? I read so much. Probably The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nigh-Time.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? http://www.gomusic.ru/
26. What did you want and get? A new digital SLR AND a digital video camera!
27. What did you want and not get? Nothing
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Mamma Mia (but I only saw 2 movies this year - that and HSM 3)
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 40 this year and did not do much on my actual birthday since it was during the week. It was a good birthday, though.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? It was a pretty good year, so that is a tough question.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Comfortable and classy
32. What kept you sane? The Husband and my friends
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? No one
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The election
35. Who did you miss? My friends
36. Who was the best new person you met? I met some incredible people in 2007 but don't know that I met many new people in 2008.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Keep emotion out of all business affairs.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I don't know music well enough to do this one!