Saturday, May 23, 2009

Date Night with The Boy


Recently, a friend of mine went on a "date" with her son. I thought "Wow - what a great idea! I'm going to do that too." Last night The Husband was not around and The Girl was away at a sleep-over party. I didn't want to sit around at home and remembered my friend's date. I decided it was the perfect time!

I had let The Boy say late at school to play (he stays at "aftercare" and he loves to play football and whatever with his friends). I picked him up and told him we were going on a date. Being an 11-yr-old boy, he looked at me and rolled his eyes so far that I thought they'd get stuck in the back of his head.

"Moooommmmm...that's just plain creepy!" is what I think he said!

Anyway, I let him choose where to go to dinner. It was OK - nothing spectacular. Then, we ran some errands and ended up at the grocery so we could get some candy and drinks to smuggle into the theater. (Remember last time when I dropped way too much money?!) Then, we headed to the theater. We decided to see Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, and what a great choice that was! We both loved the first one, and this one was even funnier. I don't want to type anything about it; I hate when I inadvertently stumble upon a movie spoiler!

Anyway, it was a great evening and something I definitely want to do again!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, that's wonderful! I love "dates" with my son. It's always so much fun to just hang out and not have anything specific you have to be getting done at the same time. It's harder to talk over a grocery cart, ya know?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!