Monday, June 29, 2009

Whatcha Readin?

One of the best things about summer is reading. I love to read and usually do so voraciously. For whatever reason, I'm moving slowly right now, but I hope to pick up the pace...I have so many books to read!

I just finished Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk. My brother recommended it. I had forgotten but then a student of mine gave it to me. It wasn't bad, but for whatever reason, I read it more slowly than I usually read. I'm having a hard time imagining how they made a film of it...I'm guessing it's quite different from the novel.


Next on my list is Pevear & Volokhonsky's translation of Mikhail Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita. My dad actually told me about this one. He had heard about it on BBC radio and told me about it. I listened to the program and decided I really wanted to read it. Since that discovery, everyone with whom I've spoken has said they loved the novel or knew someone who did.



My dear friend, Debbie, handed me the first two Sookie Stackhouse novels, Dead Until Dark and Living Dead in Dallas. She said they were somewhat Twilight-esque, but more grown-up. She also said they were quick reads, which I love.





Of course, I still have to read Janet Evanovich's Finger Lickin' Fifteen, which will be way too quick of a read! I love to read about Stephanie and her mishaps...and her love interests!



The Boy has read all the Percy Jackson books. I have read the first three and they are very good. Next up, for me, are Battle of the Labyrinth and then, The Last Olympian.



So, what are YOU reading this summer?


1 comment:

  1. "Fight Club" is one of my favorite books EVER.

    And somehow Fincher made a movie that is pretty true to the book.

    They are both great.

    I'm reading Palahniuk's newest book "Pygmy". It isn't as good, so far.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!