Wednesday, July 1, 2009

300


...and you thought this would be a post about the movie! I just want to point out that this is my 300th post! For some reason, I feel a picture of a Spartan is in order. Either that or an overgrown Pachyderm!



“Spartans, prepare for glory!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, it’s been a while since we’ve had a house full of kids. Don’t get my wrong, both The Boy and The Girl had friends where we used to live, but most of them were friends from school and, since we were surrounded by elderly people and busy roads, we almost never had multiple friends over.

Now that we’re back in our old house and our old neighborhood, we are surrounded by kids, which is a good thing. At this moment, there are three other girls in the house, one of whom I just met. The Boy was here but he just left…too much estrogen, I guess!

Anyway, because I’m not used to this, I’m not entirely used to the conversations I’m overhearing, or the clothes I’m seeing! One of the little girls showed up wearing boxer shorts and a T-shirt. I didn’t realize young girls went out like that. Yes, we did that in college, but that was many, MANY years ago, and we were not ten! This would be the same girl who showed up with what I thought was a walkie-talkie, but in fact, was her cell phone.

I’m not getting all of the conversation; I can only hear snippets. The girls are upstairs in The Girl’s bedroom and I am in my office, which is downstairs. Regardless, there seems to be a whole lot of attitude. While The Boy was here, there was a tremendous amount of teasing (and showing off) as well…from all sides!

I’m off to eavesdrop some more; I’m learning so very much!



1 comment:

  1. Since we've moved here, my house is always full of kids. Some days I'm ok with that, others not so much. Yesterday, I had a huge headache & was a tad grouchy when they all left.
    Glad your kids are having fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!