Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!



What a week it has been...and it's only Wednesday! I've meant to write every night but the time totally gets away from me!

Monday, we had to go pick-up The Boy's clothes. He is beginning Cotillion classes this year and we had to buy him appropriate clothes. Theirs is a two-year program; The Girl will start next year. I cannot wait. We received the schedule of classes and balls and The Husband and I are to chaperone the Spring Ball. I'm thrilled. The Husband is not as excited. Wonder why...but I digress!

Not wanting to waste a perfectly good trip to the nice mall, I went ahead and did some shopping for myself. Truth be told, I did not buy much. I bought a dress, sweater, and jewelry to complete the outfit.

Tuesday was hair-cut day. OK - not really, but it turned out that way. I had an appointment at 10am to get my hair cut and I called to schedule The Girl for right after. While we were there, The Boy was complaining his hair needed to be cut as well, so he got one too. The Girl had her hair cut so that she could style it. It's always been all one length and when she cut it off for Locks of Love, it was adorable, but still one length. She now has some long layers so her hair will curl better.

After our hair cuts, we had just enough time to drive across town for orientation at the kids' school. First was 5th Grade orientation for The Girl. Actually, it was for me. The Girl was running around playing with her friends. After her orientation, we had 6th Grade orientation for The Boy. He popped in and out during the spiel, but did not spend much time listening! By the time we finished at school, it was nearly 2:30...and we hadn't eaten lunch! I took the kids out to lunch and then we ran home so The Girl could get changed. We brought her to the gym and, after about half an hour or so, we headed back to the school to sign The Boy up for football. He will be playing on the middle school team this year and he could not be happier! Practice starts Tuesday and they will go every night next week. Then, they'll settle into their regular 3 day/week schedule, which means I only have ONE evening a week that I am not running someone to some sort of sports practice!

Today, I had an interview to be a sub. As I said a few days ago, I have not been fortunate enough to land a full-time teaching job, so I will be substituting instead. It has the potential to be a lot of fun...we'll see. The interview went well and then, since the weather was so nice today, we spent the rest of the day just hanging out outside enjoying the breezes.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. Not sure how I feel about that, what with having a MIDDLE SCHOOL child and all... I'll surely post about tomorrow's adventures!


1 comment:

  1. New beginnings - your babies are growing up.
    Hope everything goes well with school & sports. B's not playing football this fall. He's decided he wanted to do fall baseball instead - whatever floats his boat, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!