Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Simple Life



So we all know times are tough right now. The economy is crap (OK - my economy is crap) and jobs are not easy to find. I knew when we moved I'd be giving up my job, but I never dreamed I wouldn't walk right into another one. After all, I totally walked into my last job and I wasn't expecting that one.

Silly me!

There are were some jobs out there. Big surprise that I didn't land one of the few. No really - it is a surprise...to me, anyway.

I'm torn on the whole thing. On the one hand, I'm excited that I will have more time to devote to my kids and their needs. Both gymnastics and football run during the same "season" and I know I'll be busy running. Despite gymnastics being all year, competition season is in the fall/winter, same as football. The Boy is supposed to be playing for the middle school this year (EEK!).

I'm also happy to know that I don't have to work every day and if The Girl gets one of her crazy fevers like she did last night (103.3 out of the blue), I won't have to go crazy fighting with The Husband over who has to stay home with her!

Of course, this also means no more cleaning lady. I actually have to clean my house myself. I am NOT happy about that one.

I won't be sitting on my bum every day, though. I am involved in the parent association at the kids' school, and I volunteer a lot. I am also signed up to be a substitute teacher. In fact, I have an interview for that on Wednesday. The pay is decent...not good, but better than nothing! Maybe I'll slide into a few long-term sub jobs.

Let's hope I settle into this new role well and it suits me...

Oh - and btw, the hives are finally gone!

1 comment:

  1. Subbing is FUN -- no planning, no grading, no agonizing over which students are not doing as well as they should. Take it from a former sub who really enjoyed doing it 99% of the t1me.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!