Wednesday, November 18, 2009

They're Playin' BASKETBALL...





The Boy has decided to try basketball. He has never played before, so we knew it'd be a different experience for him. He's a good athlete, though, so we figured he'd pick it up pretty quickly. The middle school team has 15 uniforms; however, 19 boys came out for the team! Rather than cut the younger/less experienced kids, the coach decided to rotate them in and out; they won't all wear uniforms every game.


Last night was the first game. It was an away game (about 45 min away). The Boy was not one to dress out, but he maintained a great attitude. He also looked really sharp in his khakis and button-down shirt!

The girls' game was first. They played well, but did not win. The boys, however, did win. I hate to say I don't remember the final score, but I don't. I believe it was 29 - 25 or something like that. It was a pretty good game.

The next game is a home game. I hope to get pix of The Boy at least warming up!

3 comments:

  1. Basketball can get exciting. B is playing in a church league but the games haven't started yet. Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played basketball... it wasn't pretty. I hope he has a great time and learns alot about teamwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it won't be all that long before he gets his own uniform! And all that practise time is good for him physically.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!