Saturday, June 19, 2010

Open letter to the woman in the car next to me yesterday...


Dear Crazy, Stupid Woman,

It does not bother me in the least that you choose to smoke cigarettes while you drive. It is your life and you are welcome to kill yourself if you choose. Since I was driving with my windows closed, I do not believe any of your second-hand smoke permeated into my car. Have fun with your demise.

It is my concern, however, that you choose to text while driving. The fact that you so deftly laid your wrists atop your steering wheel while texting reiterated to me that this is not the first time you've done this, and, in fact, you probably do it frequently. THIS is where I draw the line. Again, it is your prerogative to make stupid decisions that endanger your life, but when you endanger my life and the lives of my children, I have to do something about it.

So...next time you see me and I honk at you and tell you to stop, don't get pissy and swear at me. Stop texting and drive...or pull over and text.

Thankyouverymuch.

2 comments:

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!