Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trials, tribulations...and a card


We are very much in the midst of summer here and I'm not sure how long I'm going to make it! I was one of the few parents excited about summer because I *thought* I missed my kids. Our lives during the school year are so hectic, we barely see one another and when we do, it is in the car while running to one practice or another; sometimes, it's one game/competition or another.

Summer, to me, is a time to slow down and relax. Except that's not happening. The slowing down is happening, but there is very little relaxing.

You see, The Boy is 12-and-a-half. He *thinks* he runs the house. He is now taller than I, so he believes, in his twisted, misinformed mind that he has some sort of power over me...that he is, in some way, my superior, if you will. He could not be more wrong! Be that as it may, the arguments have become far more frequent. I can point to a black shoe and tell him it is black, and he will argue that it is yellow JUST FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUING (and in the hopes of proving me wrong). He's a very self-righteous child, which, when he was young, was cute. Now, it's annoying.

The other day, The Boy was at a party. The party was at a pool. When The Husband went to pick him up, The Boy decided it would be a great idea to jump out of the pool and unload a super-soaker on The Husband. Let's just say that did *not* go well. For anyone.

I am beginning to believe The Boy will spend a significant amount of time this summer getting reacquainted with his bedroom, as I suspect he will be grounded often. And, since we are the mean, horrible, rotten, no-good parents that we are, he will be BORED TO DEATH since he has no TV, game system, computer or anything of the sort in his room. Just a bed, books (all of which he's read at least two or three times), clothes, and a few toys...and his iPod, but that may have to be taken!

*****************************************

On a more positive note, the other day, I watched my friend's kids. When I went to bring them home, she offered to keep MINE for a few hours. Giddy with delight, I ran out of there before she had a chance to change her mind.

I came home and decided to make a card, since it is something I have not done in MONTHS! Here it is:




I should totally do a supply list but I cannot, for the life of me remember how I did that since it's been too long. Suffice to say, all products are from PapertreyInk. Cardstock is Vintage Cream & Berry Sorbet and a tiny bit of Lemon Yellow. (The black is leftover Stampin' Up!). The stamp sets are Flower Garden and Everyday Classics. The inks are Very Black and Berry Sorbet. The twine is plain twine that I dyed with the Very Black ink.

1 comment:

  1. Cute card!

    On the other front, just have patience, although you will have to have it for the next 6-7 years. Remember, when the children finish their Sophomore year in college, they become human again. At least you and your brothers did!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!