Thursday, July 15, 2010

Books


I've been trying to take advantage of the little time I have left before I go back to work. Reading is one of my guilty pleasures and I can't do it much during the school year. I have tried to read quite a bit this summer. I haven't gotten to as many books as I'd planned, but here are some of the books I've read:

On Mystic Lake - Kristin Hannah
I had read Firefly Lane sometime during the year last year and this was my second of her books. I really like her and this was a good book, although not as good as Firefly Lane.

Between Sisters - Kristin Hannah
I picked this one up at WalMart the other day, along with The Things We Do for Love. I read it in a day and a half, but I have not read the other one yet. I will start it today (and probably finish tomorrow)! I enjoyed it, as I have all of her books. She writes her characters so vividly.

Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
Nothing to say...loved it as I have each of the previous fifteen novels. I love Stephanie Plum but hate that when I read about her, I eat like she and Lula do! NOT good...and makes me happy the books come out only once a year!

The Wednesday Letters - Jason F. Wright
This was a sweet novel; however, the ending was, to me, a bit on the preachy side. All of a sudden there was a whole lot of Jesus where there had been very little mention prior. It was weird and unexpected.

The Forgotten Garden - Kate Morton
I really enjoyed this novel. It was a mystery but not a "who done it" mystery; it was a "who am I" mystery. There were a lot of story lines, and at times, it felt like there were too many, but it does all come together nicely and not in a predictable way.

I know that cannot be all I've read this summer, but it is all I can come up with off the top of my head! I have a stack of books to go through, including the above mentioned The Things We Do for Love. I also have The Castaways and A Summer Affair, both by Elin Hilderbrand. Wish me luck getting through them all in the next 17 days!

1 comment:

  1. I purchased an e-book reader last year and it has been a life saver as well as a money saver. So far, all the books I have downloaded have been free off the internet.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!