Saturday, November 20, 2010

How I spent my Saturday


Last night, The Kids went to a "lock-in" at school, which meant they stayed up ALL night. I picked them up just before 7:00 this morning. Noticing how light traffic was at that hour, I dropped them home and decided it was the perfect time to go grocery shopping. The Husband and I knew the kids would sleep most of the day.

After my trip to the grocery, I decided I would go off again on my own, this time to Target. It was such a wonderful trip...no one bugged me to buy anything! I grabbed what I went for and wandered the aisles aimlessly.

Finally, I knew I had to go back home. The Husband had called. Apparently, The Girl was on the floor in the bathroom throwing a fit because she did not feel well. (What did she think would happen if she stayed up all night?! I knew she'd be queasy from a lack of sleep, but she refused to get in her bed. Whatever!) When I got home, I went to check on The Girl. She was asleep on the bathroom floor. She had not been sick (I didn't expect she would be) but I was not going to wake and/or move her!

I went outside to help The Husband with his newest project. In one BEAUTIFUL morning/afternoon, we took this:


and made it look like this:



Pretty impressive, huh? It's amazing what you can do with some primer and a handful of cans of spray paint! Personally, I'm amazed at the transformation. I think it looks great. I did all the taping and even painted the tailgate and right rear quarter-panel!

After we finished that, The Husband fixed the steering.
Believe it or not, it was *still* light when we finished everything, so The Husband went out back to practice shooting his bow. The Boy woke up around 12:30 and has been playing with a friend ever since. The Girl...is still asleep! I refuse to wake her. I figure at this point, she'll simply sleep through the night!
Hope you had as productive a day as we did!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun, successful day. Hope everyone is all rested up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless her heart.... I'd be wiped out too, and it would probably take me 6 days to recover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this a replacement or an addition?

    BTW...I like the new layout especially sans music! -- I always had to turn down the volume, especially when DH was watching something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post shows the information which is close to standard.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!