Sunday, June 26, 2011

Madhouse

First, I'd like to report that the blood work on The Dog came back good. According to the vet, The Dog is fine. I'm not 100% convinced. I still won't allow free access to water because she is still overdoing it. She gets water in the morning and if I give her more, I make sure she is outside. Just last night, I had her out back and gave her some; she drank it too quickly and puked a little back up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night, this place was a mad house. One of my neighbors has four kids; two teens and two toddlers. Another neighbor and I decided to take all the kids so my first neighbors could have a date night. Since I have teens, I took the older two; my friend, who has a 3-yr-old, took the younger two. In addition to the two I took, The Boy had another friend over. I had 5 teenagers ranging in age from 12 - 15.

My first challenge was feeding all these kids - 3 of whom are boys! That proved easier than I'd anticipated. Pizza. We ate around 6pm, so I knew there would have to be a second round of feedings! For that, I loaded them all up and took them out for ice cream. I realize many of you think it would have been cheaper to buy ice cream at the store, but to be honest, it was less than $20 to take them all out (including me) and they were able to get a better variety this way.

Everyone stayed up WAY too late. I called it quits just after midnight. At 2:30 AM, I had to yell at them for standing outside my door arguing (that would be MY darlings, not their friends!). I did not hear another peep until I got up. I went in search of bodies and found them sprawled out all over the floor in the bonus room!

I was concerned about breakfast, but all three who stayed had to run home to get ready for church, so I did not end up feeding anyone breakfast!

Overall, they all had a blast. I know mine are tired and I definitely see naps in our future. Luckily, it's a rainy day, so it's a perfect excuse to 'lay up sorry' all day long!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!