Friday, June 24, 2011

Pet woes

The other day, The Dog got into a fight. It seems The Dog, who is a rather small Boxer, thinks she is a Great Dane. She believes she's huge and powerful. And dominant.

She's not. She is not even 50 lbs!

So Wednesday afternoon, The Girl opened the front door a little too much and The Dog took advantage. She booked across the street to the neighbor's house. The neighbor has a lovely black lab/chow mix who is really well behaved and quite sweet. The Dog decided to show Neighbor's Dog who is boss.

(In case you are wondering, Neighbor's Dog is clearly boss!)

I was not home when this altercation took place. A handful of somewhat hysterical phone calls from The Girl were all I needed to find out what had happened. When I got home, I checked The Dog. She was a little worse for wear, but not that bad. She had a scrape on the top of her head and her right ear was pretty messy - lots of dried blood. Ears bleed heavily on a dog! I cleaned out her ear the best I could and called it good.

That night, The Dog was outside with us. We came in and she peed all over the floor. Very odd. During the night, she had two more accidents. She was also drinking A LOT of water. She was acting the way I would suspect a diabetic to act. I brought her to the vet.

We are still waiting to hear back on the blood work. We received antibiotics for her ear and an anti-inflammatory as well. She's really good about taking her pills and allowing me to put the ointment in her ear. She is still drinking A LOT, so we're watching her closely and not allowing total free access to water. This morning, she drank too much and threw it back up. I am making sure she gets plenty of water, but also making sure she gets out plenty and we do not leave her alone anywhere unless she's in her crate.

Hoping for good news from the vet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments; however, this is NOT the place to promote your blog or website. If you do, be aware your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful and use this space to for what it is intended.

Thanks!